Monday, June 16, 2014

Made In Turin


The best pizza in Avalon - without doubt.

A new pizzeria is now opened in Avalon and thank goodness it is the real deal. This is Italy, this is Turin, yep I could even believe the pizza was Made in Turin. Clean and shiny the foyer of the shop is Turin themed - a cute Fiat clock, pictures of Turin landmarks, happy Torino residents .

Have just found out that the owners used to run the popular Vince's Pizza Bar in Avalon 20 years ago - so welcome back. The pizza that I had was the best I have tasted in a long long time. And I have been eating a lot lately.

The most important element in a good pizza is the crust, this one was Naples-thick, chewy and crispy at the same time (if that is possible). Also the topping on the pizza I ordered, the Torinese, had me wishing I had ordered two, beautifully rustic fresh ingredients, and importantly not too much cheese. The drizzled pattern of Aioli and sesame seeds was a superb touch. The 13" size was perfect for a meal for two.

Located on Old Barrenjoey Rd, handily near the bottle shop and across the road from that new video shop. Combine these three - pizza, vino and a Sophia Loren movie for a perfect night in. I will definitely be back to try out the whole menu. I placed my order and it was ready for pickup in 15 minutes. On time and with very friendly service. What more could you want. Buon appetito!

Cost for 2: $19.50

Rating: A Fiat 500, of course.

Phone for orders: 9918 4579

www.madeinturin.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment